Utah Utes: Game times announced for first four home games
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Kickoff times for Utah football’s first four home games were announced on Wednesday. The Utes, who will play three of the contests under the lights at Rice-Eccles Stadium and one in the afternoon, get things started Thursday, Aug. 29, against Utah State at 6 p.m.
It’ll be the inaugural college football game on the new Fox Sports 1 national network, which will also broadcast Utah home games against Oregon State on Sept. 14 and UCLA on Thursday, Oct. 3. Both are scheduled to kick off at 8 p.m.
Utah’s other announced start time is a noon kickoff — on the Pac-12 Networks — for the Sept. 7 game against Weber State.
The times were released by the Pac-12 Conference after selections for the first three weeks of the season, as well as all Thursday and Friday games hosted by league members, were made by broadcast partners ESPN, FOX and the Pac-12 Networks.
All other start times and television picks for 2013 games at Pac-12 institutions will be announced six or 12 days in advance. Information regarding non-conference road games, including Utah’s Sept. 21 trip to BYU, will be announced by host schools or leagues.
The Pac-12, though, is expecting every football game involving one of its teams to be broadcast.
“Today's announcement assures Pac-12 fans will once again enjoy the best television coverage of their favorite teams,” Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said in a released statement. “Through Pac-12 Networks and our partners ESPN and Fox, all 80 Pac-12 home games will be available to passionate Pac-12 fans all across the country.”
The conference’s television deal with ESPN and Fox calls for full national distribution of each of those contests — via ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC, Fox or Fox Sports 1.
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25