Utah Utes: Game times announced for first four home games
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Kickoff times for Utah football’s first four home games were announced on Wednesday. The Utes, who will play three of the contests under the lights at Rice-Eccles Stadium and one in the afternoon, get things started Thursday, Aug. 29, against Utah State at 6 p.m.
It’ll be the inaugural college football game on the new Fox Sports 1 national network, which will also broadcast Utah home games against Oregon State on Sept. 14 and UCLA on Thursday, Oct. 3. Both are scheduled to kick off at 8 p.m.
Utah’s other announced start time is a noon kickoff — on the Pac-12 Networks — for the Sept. 7 game against Weber State.
The times were released by the Pac-12 Conference after selections for the first three weeks of the season, as well as all Thursday and Friday games hosted by league members, were made by broadcast partners ESPN, FOX and the Pac-12 Networks.
All other start times and television picks for 2013 games at Pac-12 institutions will be announced six or 12 days in advance. Information regarding non-conference road games, including Utah’s Sept. 21 trip to BYU, will be announced by host schools or leagues.
The Pac-12, though, is expecting every football game involving one of its teams to be broadcast.
“Today's announcement assures Pac-12 fans will once again enjoy the best television coverage of their favorite teams,” Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said in a released statement. “Through Pac-12 Networks and our partners ESPN and Fox, all 80 Pac-12 home games will be available to passionate Pac-12 fans all across the country.”
The conference’s television deal with ESPN and Fox calls for full national distribution of each of those contests — via ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC, Fox or Fox Sports 1.
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors continues to make...
- 2015 Deseret News NFL Mock Draft: Wide...
- BYU offense looking to move the ball, put up...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jaycob Brugman's...
- Amy Donaldson: South Summit High community...
- Dick Harmon: Only joy for BYU's Jordan...
- Little offense as main players sit out Ute...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 100
- Ultimate football road trips:... 48
- Little offense as main players sit out... 48
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 40
- Morning links: ESPN calls Utah a dark... 34
- BYU's basketball roster undergoing... 29
- BYU offense looking to move the ball,... 23