Duce's Wild: Technology helps Sunday School teachers prepare students for spiritual warfare
Our Sunday School presidency projected on the wall all the paths to various online resources with helpful suggestions on apps, websites, channels and the new flat-screen television in our library that we could attach our devices to. By the time we finished, the teacher with her Kindle was as comfortable as the one with a laptop or iPad in accessing online resources and sharing with students.
Our Sunday School president, who is an old-school Montana cowboy and doesn’t even know how to turn on a computer, leaned back with a boot across his knee and a big smile as if he were watching an entertaining foreign film without subtitles. He was satisfied that we were “fine” without him.
I learned that my students were “fine” without me too for that one hour. They taught; they testified; and they did sneak a round of hangman as a final test on the lesson topic.
Yes, technology is changing war in the world and Sunday School as well. Together, under the roofs of our churches and homes, we are more effective in spiritual battles against fierce opposition that would love to bring our youths down. The battle is on and I believe, like my soldier brother, that leadership, delegation, compensation for emotional downturns and inspiration are key along the path to victory.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Home-school culture shifting away from...
- LDS apostles return to southern South America...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 58
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 31
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 27
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 26
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 18