USU basketball: Jesse Parker named Utah State men's basketball director of operations
LOGAN, Utah — Utah State's head men's basketball coach Stew Morrill announced Wednesday the hiring of Jesse Parker as the program's director of basketball operations.
"Jesse has prepared himself for this opportunity and I am extremely comfortable that he can handle the position. He is an Aggie in every sense, and we are delighted to have him expand his role within our program," Morrill said.
As the director of basketball operations, Parker is responsible for scheduling all team meetings, meals and travel, helping coordinate practices, disseminating information and acting as the liaison between the coaching staff and support staff, coordinating recruiting visits, managing program's equipment, supervising and coordinating student managers and assisting with day-to-day activities of the coaching staff. Parker also coordinates the annual summer Stew Morrill basketball camps.
A native of Kamas, Utah, Parker has been the Aggies' team manager for the past four seasons, handling practice set up, equipment and uniforms, as well as various other practice and game day responsibilities.
"I am humbled by the opportunity coach Morrill has given me to take over as director of basketball operations," Parker said. "I have great respect for coach Morrill and the program he has built here at Utah State and I'm extremely honored to be a part of it. Aggie basketball has been a large part of my college experience here at Utah State, and I am excited to officially be joining the basketball staff and begin my duties as director of basketball operations."
During Parker's time with USU, the Aggies have won two Western Athletic Conference titles and made two trips to the NCAA Tournament.
Parker replaces Cody Fueger, who recently accepted a similar role at BYU.
Utah State finished the 2012-13 season with a 21-10 overall record and an 11-7 league ledger in its eighth and final season in the WAC, before joining the Mountain West for the 2013-14 season.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- Hawaii trip had benefits for Utah Jazz aside...
- Morning links: ESPN takes deep dive into Utah...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 39
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 18