Images of world sport: Memorial Day weekend's top photos from baseball, soccer and more
Jon Super, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Bayern Munich and Dortmund arrived at London's Wembley Stadium on Saturday with only one goal in mind: take home a Champions League title. Ninety minutes and three goals later, Bayern claimed European club soccer's most prestigious title with a 2-1 victory.
Michael Frolik didn't know it when it happened, but over the weekend, he became the first player in Stanley Cup playoff history to score on two penalties. His third period penalty conversion put the Chicago Blackhawks up 4-2 against the Detroit Red Wings, sending the series back to Chicago for game seven.
Across the United States, families fired up the barbecue and enjoyed the afternoon while tuning in to any number of baseball games. The Yankees fell short at Citi Field, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Mets in the subway series, while the Dodgers defeated the Angels in a close game, 8-7.
Speaking of Angels, Angel Pagan became the first player to hit a walk-off-inside-the-park home run since 2004 with his winner against the Rockies on Sunday.
From that hit to Bayern Munich's title, here are the top 40 photos from the wide world of sports.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20