Images of world sport: Memorial Day weekend's top photos from baseball, soccer and more
Jon Super, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Bayern Munich and Dortmund arrived at London's Wembley Stadium on Saturday with only one goal in mind: take home a Champions League title. Ninety minutes and three goals later, Bayern claimed European club soccer's most prestigious title with a 2-1 victory.
Michael Frolik didn't know it when it happened, but over the weekend, he became the first player in Stanley Cup playoff history to score on two penalties. His third period penalty conversion put the Chicago Blackhawks up 4-2 against the Detroit Red Wings, sending the series back to Chicago for game seven.
Across the United States, families fired up the barbecue and enjoyed the afternoon while tuning in to any number of baseball games. The Yankees fell short at Citi Field, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Mets in the subway series, while the Dodgers defeated the Angels in a close game, 8-7.
Speaking of Angels, Angel Pagan became the first player to hit a walk-off-inside-the-park home run since 2004 with his winner against the Rockies on Sunday.
From that hit to Bayern Munich's title, here are the top 40 photos from the wide world of sports.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33