HANKSVILLE, Wayne County — Paleontologists and education personnel from the Burpee Museum of Rockford, Ill., will be giving free guided tours at the Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry in Hanksville.
Tours will be available at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., from May 31 through June 9, with the exception of Sunday June 2. Tours will last approximately 40 minutes. Groups will be limited to a maximum of 25 people per tour on a first come, first served basis.
Tours will only be offered under favorable weather conditions. If inclement weather conditions occur, tours will be cancelled. Notification signs will be posted off of Highway 24 detailing whether the quarry tours are operating each day.
The site is located approximately 10 miles northwest of Hanksville. For directions and other information contact the BLM office in Hanksville at 380 S. 100 West, or call Sue Fivecoat at 435-542-3461.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence... 10