HANKSVILLE, Wayne County — Paleontologists and education personnel from the Burpee Museum of Rockford, Ill., will be giving free guided tours at the Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry in Hanksville.
Tours will be available at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., from May 31 through June 9, with the exception of Sunday June 2. Tours will last approximately 40 minutes. Groups will be limited to a maximum of 25 people per tour on a first come, first served basis.
Tours will only be offered under favorable weather conditions. If inclement weather conditions occur, tours will be cancelled. Notification signs will be posted off of Highway 24 detailing whether the quarry tours are operating each day.
The site is located approximately 10 miles northwest of Hanksville. For directions and other information contact the BLM office in Hanksville at 380 S. 100 West, or call Sue Fivecoat at 435-542-3461.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 95
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 90
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19