HANKSVILLE, Wayne County — Paleontologists and education personnel from the Burpee Museum of Rockford, Ill., will be giving free guided tours at the Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry in Hanksville.
Tours will be available at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., from May 31 through June 9, with the exception of Sunday June 2. Tours will last approximately 40 minutes. Groups will be limited to a maximum of 25 people per tour on a first come, first served basis.
Tours will only be offered under favorable weather conditions. If inclement weather conditions occur, tours will be cancelled. Notification signs will be posted off of Highway 24 detailing whether the quarry tours are operating each day.
The site is located approximately 10 miles northwest of Hanksville. For directions and other information contact the BLM office in Hanksville at 380 S. 100 West, or call Sue Fivecoat at 435-542-3461.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Republican, Democratic political... 19
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12