HANKSVILLE, Wayne County — Paleontologists and education personnel from the Burpee Museum of Rockford, Ill., will be giving free guided tours at the Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry in Hanksville.
Tours will be available at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., from May 31 through June 9, with the exception of Sunday June 2. Tours will last approximately 40 minutes. Groups will be limited to a maximum of 25 people per tour on a first come, first served basis.
Tours will only be offered under favorable weather conditions. If inclement weather conditions occur, tours will be cancelled. Notification signs will be posted off of Highway 24 detailing whether the quarry tours are operating each day.
The site is located approximately 10 miles northwest of Hanksville. For directions and other information contact the BLM office in Hanksville at 380 S. 100 West, or call Sue Fivecoat at 435-542-3461.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 71
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 28
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14