HANKSVILLE, Wayne County — Paleontologists and education personnel from the Burpee Museum of Rockford, Ill., will be giving free guided tours at the Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry in Hanksville.
Tours will be available at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., from May 31 through June 9, with the exception of Sunday June 2. Tours will last approximately 40 minutes. Groups will be limited to a maximum of 25 people per tour on a first come, first served basis.
Tours will only be offered under favorable weather conditions. If inclement weather conditions occur, tours will be cancelled. Notification signs will be posted off of Highway 24 detailing whether the quarry tours are operating each day.
The site is located approximately 10 miles northwest of Hanksville. For directions and other information contact the BLM office in Hanksville at 380 S. 100 West, or call Sue Fivecoat at 435-542-3461.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 24
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14