LEEDS, Washington County — A 31-year-old Murray woman was in critical condition in a Las Vegas hospital Saturday night after a rollover accident on I-15 resulted in head injuries.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, Holly R. Ventura was driving north on the interstate at high speeds about 6:30 p.m. when she apparently failed to negotiate a curve in the road. Her car traveled off the interstate into the center divider, then back across two lane of traffic before going off the right shoulder into an area covered in brush, rocks and dirt.
The vehicle then vaulted and rolled three times over an area of 300 feet coming to rest upside down. Ventura, who was traveling alone, was wearing a seat belt, according to troopers.
She was flown by medical helicopter to a hospital in Las Vegas.
— Marjorie Cortez
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9