LEEDS, Washington County — A 31-year-old Murray woman was in critical condition in a Las Vegas hospital Saturday night after a rollover accident on I-15 resulted in head injuries.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, Holly R. Ventura was driving north on the interstate at high speeds about 6:30 p.m. when she apparently failed to negotiate a curve in the road. Her car traveled off the interstate into the center divider, then back across two lane of traffic before going off the right shoulder into an area covered in brush, rocks and dirt.
The vehicle then vaulted and rolled three times over an area of 300 feet coming to rest upside down. Ventura, who was traveling alone, was wearing a seat belt, according to troopers.
She was flown by medical helicopter to a hospital in Las Vegas.
— Marjorie Cortez
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15