Idaho's Midas Whale has released its first music video featuring its debut song, "Howling at the Moon." The video was filmed at Randall Lake's Guthrie Artist Coop in Salt Lake City.
After competing on this season of NBC's "The Voice," band members Jon Peter Lewis and Ryan Hayes have continued to pursue their music careers. The Mormon duo plans to release its first album this fall.
In order to raise money, Midas Whale has created a profile on kickstarter.com. In the introduction, Lewis and Hayes expressed their desire to continue making music.
"Leaving the show has been what I can only imagine a dead person would feel like if they were around to hear their own condolences. Lots of 'you gave it your all' and 'you were robbed' and 'I’m really going to miss you,'" Lewis wrote. "We’re alive! The party doesn’t have to stop! We’ve got a ton of new songs that we can’t wait to share with you."
As of Tuesday, the group had received a little more than $22,000 from more than 800 backers. The funding goal is to reach $30,000, with the project ending June 5.
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtfdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS...
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list of...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 89
- LDS Church releases video about... 42
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 35
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 20
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 6