PAYSON — Six people were injured in a seven-car accident Monday that turned I-15 into a parking lot for holiday travelers trying to return home.
About 5:15 p.m., traffic on northbound I-15 near 800 South in Payson had come to a stop through a construction zone. A pair of vehicles came up on the stopped traffic too quickly and smashed into the back of a car, causing a domino effect, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
Three people were transported to area hospitals in critical conditions, one in serious and two with minor injuries, according to the UHP.
Northbound traffic through Payson was shut down for more than an hour.
At least four people were killed on Utah's roads over the holiday weekend.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 21
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12