BYU basketball: Dave Rose hires Cody Fueger as new director of basketball operations
Image courtesy USU Athletics
PROVO — BYU's new director of basketball operations has ties with both Utah and Utah State.
Coach Dave Rose announced Tuesday that Cody Fueger has been hired as director of basketball operations, replacing Mike Hall, who has accepted a position as an academic adviser in the Student Athlete Academic Center.
"Cody brings great experience to our program," Rose said in a statement. "He's got a terrific track record in the business and has earned the trust of several great coaches. He's been given tremendous responsibility everywhere he's been and has had great success. We're excited to have him on our staff."
Fueger, a native of Milwaukee, has worked at Utah State, UC Riverside, Louisiana Tech and Utah over the past 11 years. He spent last season at Utah State, where he was responsible for the daily operations, and handled travel responsibilities and edited scout and game film. Fueger also helped with international scouting, public and community relations and was summer camp coordinator.
Fueger earned a bachelor's degree in economics from Utah in 2006, and started in college basketball as a video coordinator and student assistant for five years with the Ute basketball team. Fueger was the director of operations at Louisiana Tech from 2007-11, then served in that same position at UC Riverside in 2011-12 before going to Utah State.
Hall, a former Cougar basketball star, will work with the men's basketball, softball and the men's and women's swimming and diving programs as an academic adviser.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33