Former Utah State Aggie Quincy Bair signs letter of intent to play for Westminster
SALT LAKE CITY — The Westminster College men’s basketball team signed Quincy Bair to a NAIA/Frontier Conference letter of intent, head coach Adam Hiatt announced Tuesday. Bair becomes the first to sign with the Griffins for the 2013-14 season.
Bair is a 6-foot-5 forward from American Fork, Utah, where he prepped at American Fork High School. He planned on taking a redshirt with Utah State University last season, but eventually played in four games and took one shot. As a prep senior at American Fork, Bair was named the Region 4 Co-MVP and earned 5A first team all-state honors from the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News as he helped the Caveman to a 19-3 record and a co-region championship.
“We are very pleased to have Quincy join our program. He is an outstanding addition to our team and campus community,” Hiatt stated. “He will impact our team from day one with his athletic ability, defensive tenacity and overall versatility. Quincy’s potential is limitless, and I am confident that he will work tirelessly to becoming the best student, teammate and player he can be.”
Bair averaged 13.0 points, 4.1 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.4 steals per game as a senior at American Fork, while shooting 54.7 percent from the field (70-128), 33.8 percent from three-point range (26-77) and 68.3 percent at the free-throw line (69-101). During his senior year, Bair scored in double-figures 17 times, including two 20-point games as he had a career-high tying 25 points against Mountain View High School.
“It’s a great day to be a Griffin. I look forward to attending a great school and competing for a terrific program,” Bair said of joining the Griffins. “Westminster is a great fit for me.”
Westminster is coming off a 22-8 season, including seven wins over ranked teams. It was the team’s 11th-straight 20-win season, and it finished in the top four of the Frontier Conference for a 12th consecutive season.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 93
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33