SOUTH SALT LAKE — The apparent victim of an auto accident turned out to be an attacker in a drug deal gone wrong Monday morning.
Police responded to a call of a reported hit-and-run in the parking lot of a gas station at 3300 South 300 W. in South Salt Lake, just before 10 a.m., according to Sgt. Matt Budd with the South Salt Lake Police Department. Witnesses told police a woman had been run over by a car that left the scene.
What police found was an entirely different story.
The alleged victim had intentionally crashed into another person's car with her car in the parking lot of a 7-Eleven, according to police, then got into the car and started beating the man. The woman told police she was upset the man had sold her drugs that were not the heroin she had paid for, Budd said. When the alleged dealer drove away, the woman fell out of the vehicle, but was not run over by the car. She did not sustain any injuries.
Police did not find any drugs at the scene and the alleged drug dealer had left, according to Budd, so they did not have a victim or a crime.
"Try to enjoy the weekend before you have to go back to work. Remember what it's about. Drive safely," Budd said. "We've already had a few people reported dying in vehicle accidents. We don't need people acting this way that could cause even more injury by acting stupid."
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 17
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9