SOUTH SALT LAKE — The apparent victim of an auto accident turned out to be an attacker in a drug deal gone wrong Monday morning.
Police responded to a call of a reported hit-and-run in the parking lot of a gas station at 3300 South 300 W. in South Salt Lake, just before 10 a.m., according to Sgt. Matt Budd with the South Salt Lake Police Department. Witnesses told police a woman had been run over by a car that left the scene.
What police found was an entirely different story.
The alleged victim had intentionally crashed into another person's car with her car in the parking lot of a 7-Eleven, according to police, then got into the car and started beating the man. The woman told police she was upset the man had sold her drugs that were not the heroin she had paid for, Budd said. When the alleged dealer drove away, the woman fell out of the vehicle, but was not run over by the car. She did not sustain any injuries.
Police did not find any drugs at the scene and the alleged drug dealer had left, according to Budd, so they did not have a victim or a crime.
"Try to enjoy the weekend before you have to go back to work. Remember what it's about. Drive safely," Budd said. "We've already had a few people reported dying in vehicle accidents. We don't need people acting this way that could cause even more injury by acting stupid."
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Police say unlicensed massage therapist...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15