SOUTH SALT LAKE — The apparent victim of an auto accident turned out to be an attacker in a drug deal gone wrong Monday morning.
Police responded to a call of a reported hit-and-run in the parking lot of a gas station at 3300 South 300 W. in South Salt Lake, just before 10 a.m., according to Sgt. Matt Budd with the South Salt Lake Police Department. Witnesses told police a woman had been run over by a car that left the scene.
What police found was an entirely different story.
The alleged victim had intentionally crashed into another person's car with her car in the parking lot of a 7-Eleven, according to police, then got into the car and started beating the man. The woman told police she was upset the man had sold her drugs that were not the heroin she had paid for, Budd said. When the alleged dealer drove away, the woman fell out of the vehicle, but was not run over by the car. She did not sustain any injuries.
Police did not find any drugs at the scene and the alleged drug dealer had left, according to Budd, so they did not have a victim or a crime.
"Try to enjoy the weekend before you have to go back to work. Remember what it's about. Drive safely," Budd said. "We've already had a few people reported dying in vehicle accidents. We don't need people acting this way that could cause even more injury by acting stupid."
- 'Bachelorette' contestant, BYU graduate dies...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Vegas’ water drying up
- U. student government passes resolution... 104
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 21
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20