OGDEN — A 21-year-old man is facing felony charges after police say he raped a 14-year-old girl.
Daniel Garcia was charged with rape, a first-degree felony, and two counts of providing alcohol to a minor, a class-B misdemeanor, according to charges filed with the 2nd District Court in Ogden, Thursday.
In late April, police said Garcia and a 13-year-old young man met up with two 14-year-old girls at a mall in Ogden. Garcia had vodka with him when they met, and allegedly drank the vodka with the three teens outside the mall, according to the arrest warrant. One of the teenage girls was picked up by her mother, leaving the 14-year-old girl with Garcia and the teen boy.
The three continued to drink and stopped by a park in Ogden, and then an Arby's fast food restaurant, according to the warrant. The teen boy went inside the restaurant to buy food and found Garcia and the teen girl kissing when he returned, according to police documents. They all walked back to the park, where they continued to drink and play on the playground equipment.
The teen boy told police he left Garcia and the teen girl alone for 30 minutes, "in case something happened." When he returned, the girl had passed out from alcohol consumption. Garcia and the boy returned the girl to her home, according to the warrant.
The girl was examined by a sexual assault nurse the next day, police said, and her injuries were consistent with those from sexual assault.
Garcia was being held in the Weber County Jail on $22,000 bail, and is set to appear in the Ogden 2nd District Court, Tuesday.
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Two fires were purposely set at U. fraternity...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 61
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 26
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 14