BYU track: Cougars conclude competition at NCAA West Preliminary
AUSTIN, Texas – BYU women’s track and field concluded competition at the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field West Preliminary on Saturday. Elizabeth Wilson, Candace Eddy Carlisle and Allyson Anderson Wardell competed in their respective events but did not advance to the NCAA Outdoor Championships.
“We had hoped to qualify more but we got the people to nationals that we were counting on in Kelsey (Brown) and Natalie (Stewart),” BYU head coach Patrick Shane said. “We’re thrilled for them and we’re looking forward to going to Eugene and making some noise. We’re proud of all these young women for getting here and for battling and giving it their all.”
Wilson competed in the triple jump and recorded a mark of 38 feet 8.75 inches and finished 42nd overall.
Allyson Anderson Wardell, a second-team All-American in 2012, competed in the javelin. Her best throw measured 139 feet 6 inches and placed her 32nd overall.
Candace Eddy Carlisle qualified for the 1,500 meter semifinal with a third-place finish in her heat Thursday. In Saturday’s semifinal, Eddy Carlisle clocked a time of 4:29.02 and placed 10th in her heat.
BYU will take two competitors to the NCAA Championships from June 5-8 in Eugene, Ore. Natalie Stewart and Kelsey Brown qualified in their events Friday. Stewart will compete in the 400 meters and Brown in the 800 meters.
Visit USFTCCCA.org for complete results.
Kyle Chilton is the director of media relations for BYU men's basketball. He can be reached at 801-422-4909, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @kylechilton.
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies report he...
- BYU's prolific offense undermined by poor...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball struggles...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 43
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 33
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball... 19
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 17