PLYMOUTH, Box Elder County — Residents here have been advised not to drink the water after E. coli was detected in the water supply.
Plymouth Mayor Hal Mason said the health department advised him Friday that E. coli, a bacteria often found in the lower intestine of warm-blooded organisms, was found in the water.
Residents have been advised to boil their water as a precaution.
In the meantime, the water system was flushed and chlorine levels were increased, Mason said. New samples were taken Friday evening, and test results will be available Saturday.
It is believed the water may have been contaminated through a break in the water line, but it is still under investigation.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 71
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17