Westminster track: Kueffner completes heptathlon at national championships in 16th
MARION, Ind. — In her first trip to the NAIA Men’s and Women’s Outdoor Track and Field National Championships, Westminster College sophomore Justine Kueffner finished 16th in the heptathlon. The two-day event closed with three events Friday morning at Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion, Ind.
Kueffner finished with 3,943 points in the seven events. She couldn’t improve from her 16th-place position after the first day as she scored 1,559 points Friday. Kueffner earned 485 points in the long jump after recording a jump of 4.72 meters. She earned 453 points in the javelin throw with a distance of 28.77 meters and then concluded the day by going 2:35.85 in the 800m to score 620 points.
Briana Vander Woude of Dordt (Iowa) captured the victory in the heptathlon with 5,098 points to outdistance the field by 269 points. Vander Woude broke the NAIA National Championships heptathlon javelin record Friday with a throw of 47.16 meters. The previous record was 45.58 meters and was set in 1993.
Oliver Lange will compete in the men’s marathon race Saturday at the national championships. The race will begin at 4 a.m. MDT with coverage of the finish being streamed live. Links for the stream can be found on Westminster's athletic website.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27