EDEN, Weber County — A 30-year-old man was in critical condition after he and a friend rolled an off-road vehicle near Monte Cristo in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
Neither of the two men, both from West Haven, were wearing seat belts or helmets when they crashed the side-by-side vehicle, also known as a UTV, Weber County Sheriff's Cpl. Mark Horton said.
They were both ejected and sustained critical injuries. A 26-year-old man has since been listed as being stable.
Family members who were nearby at the time called 911 about 7:30 p.m., though no one witnessed the accident directly. Both men were taken by medical helicopter to area hospitals.
Police believe speed was a factor in the crash, Horton said. They were driving along an access road near a campground.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16