Utah Blaze looking to snap San Jose's four-game win streak
SAN JOSE, Calif. — The Utah Blaze have yet to find an identity. One up, one down has been the trend of the season that is starting to grow older with each passing week.
Now, with another chance to establish ground in the division race, the Blaze (4-4) head to San Jose in a must-win game Saturday at 8:30 p.m. at the HP Pavilion Arena.
The SaberCats benched veteran quarterback Aaron Garcia after a 2-2 start and have since won four straight games behind Russ Michna’s play under center. During that time span, Michna is completing 68.9 percent of his passing attempts for 949 yards and 20 touchdowns.
The Blaze will need an added defensive presence in favor of Caesar Rayford who signed with the Indianapolis Colts Thursday. Rayford was the team-leader in sacks (6) and forced fumbles (4).
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 123
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 52
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33