SANDY — A man was arrested Friday after police say he robbed two Salt Lake County banks.
John Eugene Walker was taken into custody U.S. Attorney’s Office filed a complaint accusing him of bank robberies in Sandy and Millcreek.
Walker is believed to be the man who wore a women's-style white blouse, white hat and white sunglasses Wednesday while robbing a Zions Bank in Sandy. Walker is also accused of robbing a U.S. Bank in Millcreek on May 3 while wearing an orange construction vest, a hard hat and a white bandana covering a brown wig.
Witness accounts led Sandy police, FBI Safe Streets Task Force and Unified police to search Walker’s home and car where they found clothes he allegedly wore during the robberies.
Walker was arrested at his place of employment without incident, according to the FBI.
— Emilee Eagar
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Honeyville man, 39, identified as avalanche...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19