Police were watching, listening to Josh and Steven Powell, unsealed warrants show
"Don't be ridiculous, I haven't done anything," he responded. Pressed about an unexplained trip he took in a rental car and about details the day his wife disappeared, Josh Powell told his sister his attorney had advised him not to discuss the case.
Steven Powell then opened the door and in a "very pushy" manner told Josh he needed to go pick up a birthday cake. "It sounded and appeared that Steven had an idea of what Jennifer was doing and he was trying to help Josh get away from the situation," the report states.
"Where did you put her?" Graves then asked her brother.
Josh Powell responded, "I can't believe you're saying that."
Weeping, Graves stated, "You were cleaning the house." Josh Powell didn't answer but remained quiet. He then stated, "I have to go get a cake."
After Josh walked out, Graves told her father she thought it was obvious her brother was responsible for Susan's disappearance. Steven Powell responded that she had "a problem seeing reality." He then implied that a family in Utah had kidnapped Susan.
An argument ensued and Graves and her husband left the home. They returned to police, and a weeping Graves told them: "(Josh Powell) killed her. She's not alive."
Contributing: McKenzie Romero
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on getting...
- The pipes are calling: Salt Lake Methodist...
- 'Delusions' make condemned killer Ron...
- Ute Tribe sues Wasatch County over...
- Drunk driver crashes through West Valley...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 108
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 29
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 28
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 27
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in... 15
- Former Attorney General John Swallow... 13