Third book in Utah author Shannon Hale's Princess Academy series coming in 2015
Utah author Shannon Hale is writing a third book in the Princess Academy series, she announced on her blog squeetus.com this week.
The next installment in the Princess Academy series, which revolves around the stories of Miri, a young girl from the stone quarry village on Mount Eskel, and her friends, will likely be published in 2015, Hale wrote, adding that the current working title is “Dragonfly Sisters.”
In the first book, the prince will choose his princess from the girls on Mount Eskel and an academy is set up to teach Miri and the girls from her village. In “Palace of Stone,” they go to the capital for the prince’s wedding and encounter the rumblings of a revolution, testing both their love and loyalty.
“While working (on) 'Palace of Stone,' another burning question haunted me,” Hale wrote. “And the only way to answer it was to write a third book in the series.”
Hale is also the author of several other books for middle readers, including the Books of Bayern series, and co-authored graphic novels “Calamity Jack” and “Rapunzel’s Revenge” with her husband.
Her books for older audiences include “Austenland,” “Midnight in Austenland” and “The Actor and the Housewife.” A movie adaptation of "Austenland" was screened at Sundance earlier this year and will be opening in August in New York and Los Angeles, according to sonyclassics.com/austenland.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,' boy says...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: The difference between...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Is fear holding you...
- Human nature to be put to the test in...
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset some...
- Body Worlds exhibit debuts this weekend... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- George Clooney marries human rights... 1
- How to talk to kids about terrorism 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian... 1
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,'... 1