Westminster track: Kueffner in 16th after first day of heptathlon at nationals
MARION, Ind. – Justine Kueffner of the Westminster College track and field team sits in 16th after the first day of the women's heptathlon at the 2013 NAIA Outdoor Track and Field National Championships which are being held at Indiana Wesleyan University.
Kueffner scored 2,384 points on the first day as participants completed four of the seven events in the heptathlon. She recorded a time of 16.86 seconds in the 100M hurdles to score 612 points. The sophomore from Taylorsville, Utah, earned 678 points in the high jump after clearing a height of 5-foot-1. Her near 30-foot throw in the shot put scored 473 points, and she picked up another 621 points with a time of 28.12 seconds in the 200M.
Briana Vander Woude of Dordt (Iowa) takes a 273 point lead into Friday with just three events remaining. Anita Souza from Cornerstone (Mich.) is in second with Jillian Ourada from Doane (Neb.) sitting in third.
The final day of the heptathlon gets underway at 8:30 a.m. MDT on Friday. The first event is the long jump which is followed by the triple jump and then concludes with the 800M. All of the events from day two will be streamed live with links available at Westminster's athletic website.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer Longson:...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU's Mendenhall addresses Big 12... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 23