Commentary claims liberals are shocked by Obama administration
“Like Captain Renault, liberals are now shocked, shocked to discover Obama & Co. have been using intimidating tactics.” Or at least that’s the claim Peter Wehner makes in his recent piece for Commentary. “Now that the Obama administration has conducted an unprecedented intrusion into newsgathering activities, it’s dawning on liberals — four years and four months into the Obama presidency — that something is slightly amiss.”
Wehner uses the current climate of scandal and misconduct from the White House in its treatment of the members of the press as justification of earlier statements such as “We have seen from this White House Nixonian tendencies and, it would appear, a burning anger and resentment toward its critics.”
After seeing the reactions of others in the press, Wehner might not be trumpeting a baseless claim.
Freeman Stevenson is a Snow College grad and is the DeseretNews.com opinion intern. Reach me at fstevenson@deseretdigital or @freemandesnews
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 64
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- My view: What message does Melania's... 35
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30