Commentary claims liberals are shocked by Obama administration
“Like Captain Renault, liberals are now shocked, shocked to discover Obama & Co. have been using intimidating tactics.” Or at least that’s the claim Peter Wehner makes in his recent piece for Commentary. “Now that the Obama administration has conducted an unprecedented intrusion into newsgathering activities, it’s dawning on liberals — four years and four months into the Obama presidency — that something is slightly amiss.”
Wehner uses the current climate of scandal and misconduct from the White House in its treatment of the members of the press as justification of earlier statements such as “We have seen from this White House Nixonian tendencies and, it would appear, a burning anger and resentment toward its critics.”
After seeing the reactions of others in the press, Wehner might not be trumpeting a baseless claim.
Freeman Stevenson is a Snow College grad and is the DeseretNews.com opinion intern. Reach me at fstevenson@deseretdigital or @freemandesnews
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 17