Commentary claims liberals are shocked by Obama administration
“Like Captain Renault, liberals are now shocked, shocked to discover Obama & Co. have been using intimidating tactics.” Or at least that’s the claim Peter Wehner makes in his recent piece for Commentary. “Now that the Obama administration has conducted an unprecedented intrusion into newsgathering activities, it’s dawning on liberals — four years and four months into the Obama presidency — that something is slightly amiss.”
Wehner uses the current climate of scandal and misconduct from the White House in its treatment of the members of the press as justification of earlier statements such as “We have seen from this White House Nixonian tendencies and, it would appear, a burning anger and resentment toward its critics.”
After seeing the reactions of others in the press, Wehner might not be trumpeting a baseless claim.
Freeman Stevenson is a Snow College grad and is the DeseretNews.com opinion intern. Reach me at fstevenson@deseretdigital or @freemandesnews
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Use market forces and not...
- My view: Circuit Court's Obamacare decision...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32