Commentary claims liberals are shocked by Obama administration
“Like Captain Renault, liberals are now shocked, shocked to discover Obama & Co. have been using intimidating tactics.” Or at least that’s the claim Peter Wehner makes in his recent piece for Commentary. “Now that the Obama administration has conducted an unprecedented intrusion into newsgathering activities, it’s dawning on liberals — four years and four months into the Obama presidency — that something is slightly amiss.”
Wehner uses the current climate of scandal and misconduct from the White House in its treatment of the members of the press as justification of earlier statements such as “We have seen from this White House Nixonian tendencies and, it would appear, a burning anger and resentment toward its critics.”
After seeing the reactions of others in the press, Wehner might not be trumpeting a baseless claim.
Freeman Stevenson is a Snow College grad and is the DeseretNews.com opinion intern. Reach me at fstevenson@deseretdigital or @freemandesnews
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- Michael Gerson: The Iran deal: Obama is...
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 36
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 32
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27