Commentary claims liberals are shocked by Obama administration
“Like Captain Renault, liberals are now shocked, shocked to discover Obama & Co. have been using intimidating tactics.” Or at least that’s the claim Peter Wehner makes in his recent piece for Commentary. “Now that the Obama administration has conducted an unprecedented intrusion into newsgathering activities, it’s dawning on liberals — four years and four months into the Obama presidency — that something is slightly amiss.”
Wehner uses the current climate of scandal and misconduct from the White House in its treatment of the members of the press as justification of earlier statements such as “We have seen from this White House Nixonian tendencies and, it would appear, a burning anger and resentment toward its critics.”
After seeing the reactions of others in the press, Wehner might not be trumpeting a baseless claim.
Freeman Stevenson is a Snow College grad and is the DeseretNews.com opinion intern. Reach me at fstevenson@deseretdigital or @freemandesnews
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Is hard work unorthodox?
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 57
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 27
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 20