"My father and I watched and assisted, as directed, while my mother lovingly packed each item, 'just the way he likes them.'
"As a girl," Dibb continued, "I loved to read my mother's beautiful and poetic patriarchal blessing, which concludes: 'By the force of a noble and pure life (you will) be able to influence the lives of many with whom you will come in contact, for out of you will come forth an influence radiating hope and cheer and holiness.' That night was my mother packed my father's bags, I was blessed to witness once again the force of her 'noble and pure life.'"
Music for the session was provided by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and featured some of Sister Monson's favorite hymns, including "How Great Thou Art" (with soloist Dallyn Vail Baylis), "Each Life That Touches Ours for Good" and "Consider the Lillies." A special musical number, "My Heavenly Father Loves Me," featuring several Monson descendants, was also movingly presented.
Prayers for the funeral were offered by Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve and Elder William R. Walker of the First Quorum of the Seventy. Clark Monson offered the family prayer before the funeral, and Sister Monson's grave in the Salt Lake City Cemetery was dedicated by Thomas L. Monson.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 62
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20