BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU basketball team
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
PROVO — The complexion of BYU's basketball roster changed again Wednesday when the school confirmed that forward Agustin Ambrosino is leaving the program.
Ambrosino, who transferred to BYU from Salt Lake Community College, played just one season for the Cougars and averaged 1.8 points per game in 31 games. He played 6.2 minutes per contest.
In recent weeks, two other BYU players have decided not to return to the program. Guard Raul Delgado is transferring to Metro State while center Ian Harward is giving up basketball due to a back injury.
Meanwhile, three guards have joined the program this spring — junior college transfer Skyler Halford, freshman Frank Bartley and transfer Chase Fischer.
Fischer, who played two seasons at Wake Forest, will not be eligible until the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules. Halford and Bartley will be eligible right away.
As of now, only five players from last year's team will return for the upcoming season — Tyler Haws, Matt Carlino, Nate Austin, Josh Sharp and Anson Winder.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Jazz notes: Respect high between Coach...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 47
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 43
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33