Jason Olson, Deseret News
PROVO — Police were working Wednesday night to identify a man who was killed after falling almost 200 feet near Bridal Veil Falls.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said dispatchers received a call about 8 p.m. from witnesses who saw the 40- to 50-year-old man fall. Cannon said the witnesses didn’t feel comfortable going down to the area where the man landed because of the rugged terrain.
When rescuers reached the man, he was dead. Cannon said. Crews were in the process of recovering the body late Wednesday night.
Cannon said sheriff's deputies were checking cars in the area to see if any were missing an owner.
It's unknown whether the man was alone or what caused him to fall.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15