Jason Olson, Deseret News
PROVO — Police were working Wednesday night to identify a man who was killed after falling almost 200 feet near Bridal Veil Falls.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said dispatchers received a call about 8 p.m. from witnesses who saw the 40- to 50-year-old man fall. Cannon said the witnesses didn’t feel comfortable going down to the area where the man landed because of the rugged terrain.
When rescuers reached the man, he was dead. Cannon said. Crews were in the process of recovering the body late Wednesday night.
Cannon said sheriff's deputies were checking cars in the area to see if any were missing an owner.
It's unknown whether the man was alone or what caused him to fall.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 15