Jason Olson, Deseret News
PROVO — Police were working Wednesday night to identify a man who was killed after falling almost 200 feet near Bridal Veil Falls.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said dispatchers received a call about 8 p.m. from witnesses who saw the 40- to 50-year-old man fall. Cannon said the witnesses didn’t feel comfortable going down to the area where the man landed because of the rugged terrain.
When rescuers reached the man, he was dead. Cannon said. Crews were in the process of recovering the body late Wednesday night.
Cannon said sheriff's deputies were checking cars in the area to see if any were missing an owner.
It's unknown whether the man was alone or what caused him to fall.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13