Jason Olson, Deseret News
PROVO — Police were working Wednesday night to identify a man who was killed after falling almost 200 feet near Bridal Veil Falls.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said dispatchers received a call about 8 p.m. from witnesses who saw the 40- to 50-year-old man fall. Cannon said the witnesses didn’t feel comfortable going down to the area where the man landed because of the rugged terrain.
When rescuers reached the man, he was dead. Cannon said. Crews were in the process of recovering the body late Wednesday night.
Cannon said sheriff's deputies were checking cars in the area to see if any were missing an owner.
It's unknown whether the man was alone or what caused him to fall.
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while lunging...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Deputies fish out 4 cars from Pineview Reservoir
- Chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia sufferers...
- 'They killed my son because he's black,'...
- 2 girls abducted in Bountiful escape in...
- Utah State Prison inmate dies following fight
- 'People don't talk about it,' recovering...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 76
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Utah makes final plea for Supreme Court... 53
- Taylorsville teacher injured after her... 47
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 41
- Do guns belong in the hands of... 39
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for... 24
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16