Police locate West Point teen called 'person of interest' in brothers' deaths
WEST POINT — A 4-year-old and a 10-year-old are dead under suspicious circumstances, and police searched for several hours to locate their older brother Wednesday night, calling him a person of interest.
Aza Vidinhar, 15, was located and taken to an area hospital for evaluation just before midnight. No information about his condition was available.
Vidinhar had last been seen about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday at his home, 120 S. 1660 West, said Davis County Sherrif's Sgt. Susan Poulsen. Police were unsure what Vidinhar's involvement might be in the deaths, but they wanted to talk to him about what happened to his brothers.
Davis County Sheriff's Deputy Chief Kevin Fielding said the mother found the 4-year-old child dead Wednesday night, and officers discovered the 10-year-old victim when they arrived.
Poulsen said Vidinhar’s mother left him and his two brothers at home while she attended a dance recital with her other children. The mother came home to find the two younger children dead.
The investigation into the deaths is ongoing, Poulsen said.
Vidinhar was reported missing for several hours in 2011, but was found in a nearby restaurant and there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding his disappearance.
Police do not know why Vidinhar left the house Wednesday, Poulsen said.
Contributing: Mike Anderson
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 63
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 12
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9