University of Utah makes list of most-attended schools by Fortune's top 100 CEOs
U.S. News and World Report released a report on Wednesday of where America's business leaders went to college, and a local school was featured. The study, also published on Yahoo!, looked at the top 100 CE0s on the Fortune 500 list.
While the usual suspects were at the top of the list, the University of Utah awarded three degrees to CEOs of some of the top 100 companies, including one bachelor's degree and two graduate degrees.
Harvard University, the top-ranked undergraduate institution in the country according to U.S. News, topped the list. The Cambridge, Mass., institution awarded 21 degrees to the top executives, three times as many as runner-up Cornell. Harvard has the second-ranked law school (seven of the top 100 CEOs have law degrees), and boasts the number one-ranked business school.
Behind Cornell's seven degrees awarded was the University of Pennsylvania with six. Northwestern, Stanford, Yale and MIT each had four degrees among the top business leaders.
61 CEOs did not receive an MBA, and the list included only eight women.
Michael Smith is a graduate of the University of Utah and an intern in the news section of DeseretNews.com. He will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution' in Provo
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Las Vegas students experience Zion National Park
- National exhibit allows local museums to...
- Defense, prosecutors preview Atlanta school...
- 'Charter schools need to live up to original...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 'Charter schools need to live up to... 5
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming... 5
- Body Worlds exhibit debuts this weekend... 2
- $2,500 essay competition explores... 2
- Defense, prosecutors preview Atlanta... 1