University of Utah makes list of most-attended schools by Fortune's top 100 CEOs
U.S. News and World Report released a report on Wednesday of where America's business leaders went to college, and a local school was featured. The study, also published on Yahoo!, looked at the top 100 CE0s on the Fortune 500 list.
While the usual suspects were at the top of the list, the University of Utah awarded three degrees to CEOs of some of the top 100 companies, including one bachelor's degree and two graduate degrees.
Harvard University, the top-ranked undergraduate institution in the country according to U.S. News, topped the list. The Cambridge, Mass., institution awarded 21 degrees to the top executives, three times as many as runner-up Cornell. Harvard has the second-ranked law school (seven of the top 100 CEOs have law degrees), and boasts the number one-ranked business school.
Behind Cornell's seven degrees awarded was the University of Pennsylvania with six. Northwestern, Stanford, Yale and MIT each had four degrees among the top business leaders.
61 CEOs did not receive an MBA, and the list included only eight women.
Michael Smith is a graduate of the University of Utah and an intern in the news section of DeseretNews.com. He will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
- No vacancy: SUU scrambling to house largest...
- One state's plan to keep exceptional teachers...
- Obama to extend college Pell grants to some...
- National report shows high overall quality in...
- Duct tape prom attire earns Utah teens $5,000...
- BYU study finds negative academic outcomes...
- About Utah: Thousands served by one good idea
- Worries of 'political correctness' on college...
- Obama administration wants to give... 15
- Obama to extend college Pell grants to... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9
- The value of being honest about what... 4
- George Washington University joins... 4
- One state's plan to keep exceptional... 3
- About Utah: Thousands served by one... 2
- My view: USOE employees achieve despite... 2