18-year-old musician dies after inspiring others to live (+video)
"We knew he was terminal when they started dating, and she knew that," Laura Sobiech said. "She sat down with her mom, and talked through it. And what they decided was, 'Would you date him if he didn't have cancer?' and she said, 'Yes.' She's really helped him through some hard times."
Although they were both very aware of reality, Adamle still expressed that they enjoyed dreaming about their future.
"We've talked about getting married and having kids and our jobs," Adamle said. "We do that a lot when we have bad days. So when we start to cry, that's when we'll sit down and we'll just plan it all out."
Through everything that they have endured, the one thing Sobeich's family knew they would always have with them was Zach's music.
“For me, it’s Zach’s way of saying, ‘I’m OK,’ and saying goodbye," Laura Sobeich said. "And I’m just so grateful that it’s there because I’m going to need it later.”
Older brother Sam Sobeich knew his brother's record was a testament of his love for his family.
"His music is kind of a record of how much he cares for us," Sam Sobeich said."
Grace also expressed the love she felt from her brother's music.
"There is a song that he wrote me, ‘For my Grace.’ So I’ll keep that always with me, constantly."
Overall, Zach Sobeich expressed how the experience has brought his family together, even more than before.
"I think with my diagnosis, we've become a better, stronger family," Sobeich said. "We all love each other, just that much more. Because when you go through stuff like that, you go through it together."
Toward the end of the video, Sobeich was surprised with a celebrity music video of his original song, "Clouds." Participants ranged from Rainn Wilson, Jason Mraz, Sara Bareilles, Colbie Caillat and many others.
Sobeich's family has requested that all memorials be directed to the Zach Sobiech Osteosarcoma Fund in lieu of flowers to help carry on Zach’s mission to help children with cancer.
My Last Days: Zach Sobiech "Clouds"
My Last Days: Meet Zach Sobiech
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Kids today are less likely to become pregnant...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 47
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Understanding and responding to the... 9
- Are Advanced Placement courses worth it? 9
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 8
- Wright Words: Why I’m sorry for... 4