Two Utah schools were ranked among the top five in the nation for excellence in financial literacy and education.
The Itineris Early College High School in West Jordan was second, ranking only behind the High School for Math, Science & Engineering at City College in New York City.
Utah County Academy of Sciences in Orem was ranked fourth on the list, which was comprised primarily of high schools on the East Coast.
W!se, a non-profit organization that promotes financial education in high schools, compiled the list.
The rankings were determined by the Financial Literacy Certification test, a standardized exam administered by W!se to schools participating in their Financial Literacy Certification program.
The test attempts to measure knowledge, skills and behavioral changes in students after they have taken a course on personal finance from their participating schools.
The top 25 schools according to the certification test:
1. High School for Math, Science & Engineering at City College, New York, N.Y.
2. Itineris Early College High School, West Jordan, Utah.
3. Coeur d'Alene High School, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
4. Utah County Academy of Sciences, Orem, Utah.
5. Aviation High School, Queens, N.Y.
6. Central Magnet School, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
7. Wausa Public School, Wausa, Neb.
8. Heritage High School, Newport News, Va.
9. Passaic County Technical Institute, Wayne, N.J.
10. Townsend Harris High School, Queens, N.Y.
11. Halifax County High School, South Boston, Va.
12. Eleanor Roosevelt High School, New York, N.Y.
13. Holston High School, Damascus, Va.
14. Shenendehowa High School, Clifton Park, N.Y.
15. Queens High School for the Sciences, Queens, N.Y.
16. High School for Arts & Business, Corona, N.Y.
17. Queens Gateway to Health Sciences, Queens, N.Y.
18. Willsboro Central School, Willsboro, N.Y.5 comments on this story
19. Leon M. Goldstein High School, Brooklyn, N.Y.
20. High School for Law & Public Service, New York, N.Y.
21. Cascades High School, New York, N.Y.
22. Whitney Young High School for International Studies, Chicago, Ill.
23. Menchville High School, Newport News, Va.
24. Southold High School, Southold, N.Y.
25. Lexington Technology Center, Lexington, S.C.