Photo of inspiring message in Oklahoma rubble making social media rounds
Expressions of support and prayers have been expressed for those affected by Monday's tornado in Oklahoma via Facebook, Twitter and many other social media outlets. Along with words of hope, a photo from the rubble has begun to circulate.
The image shows tattered materials from a home, including a decorative plaque that reads, "The most important things in life aren't things."
As the image continues to be shared socially, many have expressed their appreciation for the reminder, especially during times of distress.
Maxine Beale commented, "Puts everything into perspective — doesn't it? Again we sit and stare from across the oceans as so many try to fathom what has happened. So many lives misplaced so many hearts broken . Another sad week falls over America and all we can do is watch."
Margaret Carter posted, "This is just so sad. Things can be replaced, not people. Be sure to tell your loved ones you love them every chance you get. You never know when it will be the last time you see them."
Lori Gledhill Kjar wrote, "So inspiring. A gentle reminder during this heartache."
Some commenters have raised questions about the authenticity of the photo, pointing out that the message or the plaque itself may have been superimposed. However, that hasn't stopped more than 23,000 people from "liking" the photo on Facebook and hundreds from commenting.
"Even if this is done with Photoshop, it is still true," Cindy Bunney said.
At least 24 people were killed as a result of the massive tornado that roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs shortly before 3 p.m. yesterday. Emergency crews continue to search for survivors.
- Text of Obama's speech at Hiroshima Peace...
- Parishioners hold last service at church...
- Why the University of Miami plans to hire a...
- Sherry Young: The trip of a lifetime to the...
- President Uchtdorf visits Europe, returns to...
- President Uchtdorf recalls being a refugee,...
- New mission presidents
- America's moral obligation in the global...
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response... 39
- First-edition Book of Mormon to be part... 18
- Watch: Mormon missionaries rescue... 7
- Why don't more Americans ask faith... 6
- Sherry Young: The trip of a lifetime to... 5
- America's moral obligation in the... 5
- Richard Norby released from hospital,... 4