Expressions of support and prayers have been expressed for those affected by Monday's tornado in Oklahoma via Facebook, Twitter and many other social media outlets. Along with words of hope, a photo from the rubble has begun to circulate.
The image shows tattered materials from a home, including a decorative plaque that reads, "The most important things in life aren't things."
As the image continues to be shared socially, many have expressed their appreciation for the reminder, especially during times of distress.
Maxine Beale commented, "Puts everything into perspective — doesn't it? Again we sit and stare from across the oceans as so many try to fathom what has happened. So many lives misplaced so many hearts broken . Another sad week falls over America and all we can do is watch."
Margaret Carter posted, "This is just so sad. Things can be replaced, not people. Be sure to tell your loved ones you love them every chance you get. You never know when it will be the last time you see them."
Lori Gledhill Kjar wrote, "So inspiring. A gentle reminder during this heartache."
Some commenters have raised questions about the authenticity of the photo, pointing out that the message or the plaque itself may have been superimposed. However, that hasn't stopped more than 23,000 people from "liking" the photo on Facebook and hundreds from commenting.
"Even if this is done with Photoshop, it is still true," Cindy Bunney said.
At least 24 people were killed as a result of the massive tornado that roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs shortly before 3 p.m. yesterday. Emergency crews continue to search for survivors.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 63
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 26
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 21
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 21
- Space and religion: How believers view... 13
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 8