Photo of inspiring message in Oklahoma rubble making social media rounds
Expressions of support and prayers have been expressed for those affected by Monday's tornado in Oklahoma via Facebook, Twitter and many other social media outlets. Along with words of hope, a photo from the rubble has begun to circulate.
The image shows tattered materials from a home, including a decorative plaque that reads, "The most important things in life aren't things."
As the image continues to be shared socially, many have expressed their appreciation for the reminder, especially during times of distress.
Maxine Beale commented, "Puts everything into perspective — doesn't it? Again we sit and stare from across the oceans as so many try to fathom what has happened. So many lives misplaced so many hearts broken . Another sad week falls over America and all we can do is watch."
Margaret Carter posted, "This is just so sad. Things can be replaced, not people. Be sure to tell your loved ones you love them every chance you get. You never know when it will be the last time you see them."
Lori Gledhill Kjar wrote, "So inspiring. A gentle reminder during this heartache."
Some commenters have raised questions about the authenticity of the photo, pointing out that the message or the plaque itself may have been superimposed. However, that hasn't stopped more than 23,000 people from "liking" the photo on Facebook and hundreds from commenting.
"Even if this is done with Photoshop, it is still true," Cindy Bunney said.
At least 24 people were killed as a result of the massive tornado that roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs shortly before 3 p.m. yesterday. Emergency crews continue to search for survivors.
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- What's new: 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide'...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Live nativity attracts more than 3,500 in...
- Can you question the Virgin Birth and... 20
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 20
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 15
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 9
- This is what going to church does to you 9
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Local faith leaders share inspiring... 5