SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District's Summer Kindergarten Readiness Program is now open for registration through June 14.
The goals of the program are to assist children in achieving academic readiness, developing age-appropriate social skills, promoting self-help skills and enhancing creativity. The program operates from 8 a.m. to noon for 20 school days, from June 10 to July 11.
Participants must be 5 years old by Sept. 1 of the current year. Free breakfast and lunch are available.
Registration is available at the Salt Lake City School District Early Childhood Office, 440 E. 100 South, Room 108. Register now for $45. After May 27, the cost is $50. Tuition is not refundable.
Locations for the program are: Bennion Elementary, 429 S. 800 East; Lincoln Elementary, 1090 S. Roberta St.; Mountain View Elementary, 1380 S. Navajo St. (1335 West); and Rose Park Elementary, 1105 W. 1000 North.
For more information, call 801-578-8287.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17