SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District's Summer Kindergarten Readiness Program is now open for registration through June 14.
The goals of the program are to assist children in achieving academic readiness, developing age-appropriate social skills, promoting self-help skills and enhancing creativity. The program operates from 8 a.m. to noon for 20 school days, from June 10 to July 11.
Participants must be 5 years old by Sept. 1 of the current year. Free breakfast and lunch are available.
Registration is available at the Salt Lake City School District Early Childhood Office, 440 E. 100 South, Room 108. Register now for $45. After May 27, the cost is $50. Tuition is not refundable.
Locations for the program are: Bennion Elementary, 429 S. 800 East; Lincoln Elementary, 1090 S. Roberta St.; Mountain View Elementary, 1380 S. Navajo St. (1335 West); and Rose Park Elementary, 1105 W. 1000 North.
For more information, call 801-578-8287.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16