SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District's Summer Kindergarten Readiness Program is now open for registration through June 14.
The goals of the program are to assist children in achieving academic readiness, developing age-appropriate social skills, promoting self-help skills and enhancing creativity. The program operates from 8 a.m. to noon for 20 school days, from June 10 to July 11.
Participants must be 5 years old by Sept. 1 of the current year. Free breakfast and lunch are available.
Registration is available at the Salt Lake City School District Early Childhood Office, 440 E. 100 South, Room 108. Register now for $45. After May 27, the cost is $50. Tuition is not refundable.
Locations for the program are: Bennion Elementary, 429 S. 800 East; Lincoln Elementary, 1090 S. Roberta St.; Mountain View Elementary, 1380 S. Navajo St. (1335 West); and Rose Park Elementary, 1105 W. 1000 North.
For more information, call 801-578-8287.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17