SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District's Summer Kindergarten Readiness Program is now open for registration through June 14.
The goals of the program are to assist children in achieving academic readiness, developing age-appropriate social skills, promoting self-help skills and enhancing creativity. The program operates from 8 a.m. to noon for 20 school days, from June 10 to July 11.
Participants must be 5 years old by Sept. 1 of the current year. Free breakfast and lunch are available.
Registration is available at the Salt Lake City School District Early Childhood Office, 440 E. 100 South, Room 108. Register now for $45. After May 27, the cost is $50. Tuition is not refundable.
Locations for the program are: Bennion Elementary, 429 S. 800 East; Lincoln Elementary, 1090 S. Roberta St.; Mountain View Elementary, 1380 S. Navajo St. (1335 West); and Rose Park Elementary, 1105 W. 1000 North.
For more information, call 801-578-8287.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11