RAWLINS, Wyo. — A Taylorsville man was killed and a Kearns woman injured Sunday in a one-car accident.
Marcus Archuletta, 73, was heading south on U.S. 287 about 17 miles north of Rawlins when the accident occurred about 4:15 a.m. The vehicle crossed the center line, over the northbound lane of travel and drifted off the left side of the roadway, said Wyoming Highway Patrol Sgt. Stephen Townsend.
The vehicle collided with a concrete box culvert. Archuletta, who was not wearing a seat belt, was pronounced dead at the scene, Townsend said.
Carolyn Graves, 60, was taken to Memorial Hospital of Carbon County in Rawlins. Investigators said she was wearing a seat belt.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15