RAWLINS, Wyo. — A Taylorsville man was killed and a Kearns woman injured Sunday in a one-car accident.
Marcus Archuletta, 73, was heading south on U.S. 287 about 17 miles north of Rawlins when the accident occurred about 4:15 a.m. The vehicle crossed the center line, over the northbound lane of travel and drifted off the left side of the roadway, said Wyoming Highway Patrol Sgt. Stephen Townsend.
The vehicle collided with a concrete box culvert. Archuletta, who was not wearing a seat belt, was pronounced dead at the scene, Townsend said.
Carolyn Graves, 60, was taken to Memorial Hospital of Carbon County in Rawlins. Investigators said she was wearing a seat belt.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11