RAWLINS, Wyo. — A Taylorsville man was killed and a Kearns woman injured Sunday in a one-car accident.
Marcus Archuletta, 73, was heading south on U.S. 287 about 17 miles north of Rawlins when the accident occurred about 4:15 a.m. The vehicle crossed the center line, over the northbound lane of travel and drifted off the left side of the roadway, said Wyoming Highway Patrol Sgt. Stephen Townsend.
The vehicle collided with a concrete box culvert. Archuletta, who was not wearing a seat belt, was pronounced dead at the scene, Townsend said.
Carolyn Graves, 60, was taken to Memorial Hospital of Carbon County in Rawlins. Investigators said she was wearing a seat belt.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- Dinosaur discoveries in Utah's 'amazing...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 98
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 14
- Southern Utah left wanting for water 11