SALT LAKE CITY — A man who police say chased and hit his 6-year-old son with a baseball bat was arrested Saturday.
Police were called to 1665 S. Riverside Drive (1140 West) just after 6 p.m. when neighbors reported seeing the man chasing his son with a bat. He was seen "hitting the boy with the bat in the back and punching him in the face," according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
The boy was taken to a local hospital but was in good condition, according to Salt Lake police.
Nathan Jacobson, 43, was arrested for investigation of child abuse.
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Woman battling cancer has two bicycles stolen
- Zion condor chick confirmed but faces new...
- Albion Basin, Cecret Lake roads closed for...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 46
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 33
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 27
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 27
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25