SALT LAKE CITY — A man who police say chased and hit his 6-year-old son with a baseball bat was arrested Saturday.
Police were called to 1665 S. Riverside Drive (1140 West) just after 6 p.m. when neighbors reported seeing the man chasing his son with a bat. He was seen "hitting the boy with the bat in the back and punching him in the face," according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
The boy was taken to a local hospital but was in good condition, according to Salt Lake police.
Nathan Jacobson, 43, was arrested for investigation of child abuse.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17