SALT LAKE CITY — A man who police say chased and hit his 6-year-old son with a baseball bat was arrested Saturday.
Police were called to 1665 S. Riverside Drive (1140 West) just after 6 p.m. when neighbors reported seeing the man chasing his son with a bat. He was seen "hitting the boy with the bat in the back and punching him in the face," according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
The boy was taken to a local hospital but was in good condition, according to Salt Lake police.
Nathan Jacobson, 43, was arrested for investigation of child abuse.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11