Top scandals and controversies of each US president
Jacquelyn Martin, AP
Three major scandals have surfaced over the past few weeks in Washington, escalating into a perfect storm that involves money, media and security.
With the IRS targeting tea party tax-exempt groups, the Department of Justice seizing Associated Press records and the resurfacing of concerns about the handling of the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, many are wondering what the Obama administration's role is in all of these affairs.
But scandal and controversy are nothing new to Washington — as long as there have been presidents, there has been controversy. Here is a look back at the most controversial events of each United States president.
Freeman Stevenson is a Snow College grad and is the DeseretNews.com opinion intern. Reach me at fstevenson@deseretdigital or @freemandesnews
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- In our opinion: National security and... 68
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 47
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13