Top scandals and controversies of each US president
Jacquelyn Martin, AP
Three major scandals have surfaced over the past few weeks in Washington, escalating into a perfect storm that involves money, media and security.
With the IRS targeting tea party tax-exempt groups, the Department of Justice seizing Associated Press records and the resurfacing of concerns about the handling of the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, many are wondering what the Obama administration's role is in all of these affairs.
But scandal and controversy are nothing new to Washington — as long as there have been presidents, there has been controversy. Here is a look back at the most controversial events of each United States president.
Freeman Stevenson is a Snow College grad and is the DeseretNews.com opinion intern. Reach me at fstevenson@deseretdigital or @freemandesnews
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- Letter: Gun control 57
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 51
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40