Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Funeral services for Frances J. Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, will be held Thursday at noon in the church's Salt Lake Tabernacle.
Although there will be no public viewing, the public is invited to attend the funeral on Temple Square. Church officials indicate that tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at all four entrances to Temple Square. Once all tickets have been distributed, attendees will be directed to overflow accommodations that will be provided at the Conference Center Little Theater and the Church Office Building Auditorium.
The Tabernacle doors will open at 10:30 a.m.
For those who can't attend the funeral in the Tabernacle, the services will be broadcast live on this site, as well as via LDS.org, KSL-TV, KSL.com, BYU-TV, BYU-TV Global, BYU-TV International, KBYU and on the LDS Church satellite system.
In lieu of flowers, the Monson family has requested that donations be made to the General Missionary Fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sister Monson died Friday in a Salt Lake City hospital surrounded by family. She had been hospitalized for several weeks and passed away peacefully of causes incident to age. She was 85 years old.
- Returned Mormon missionaries in 2014 FBS...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the world'...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 55
- Bible, Book of Mormon make list of top... 20
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7