Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Funeral services for Frances J. Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, will be held Thursday at noon in the church's Salt Lake Tabernacle.
Although there will be no public viewing, the public is invited to attend the funeral on Temple Square. Church officials indicate that tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at all four entrances to Temple Square. Once all tickets have been distributed, attendees will be directed to overflow accommodations that will be provided at the Conference Center Little Theater and the Church Office Building Auditorium.
The Tabernacle doors will open at 10:30 a.m.
For those who can't attend the funeral in the Tabernacle, the services will be broadcast live on this site, as well as via LDS.org, KSL-TV, KSL.com, BYU-TV, BYU-TV Global, BYU-TV International, KBYU and on the LDS Church satellite system.
In lieu of flowers, the Monson family has requested that donations be made to the General Missionary Fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sister Monson died Friday in a Salt Lake City hospital surrounded by family. She had been hospitalized for several weeks and passed away peacefully of causes incident to age. She was 85 years old.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 11 things you should know about the... 80
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- The challenges and blessings of... 27
- State bills to protect religious... 25
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 15