Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Funeral services for Frances J. Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, will be held Thursday at noon in the church's Salt Lake Tabernacle.
Although there will be no public viewing, the public is invited to attend the funeral on Temple Square. Church officials indicate that tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at all four entrances to Temple Square. Once all tickets have been distributed, attendees will be directed to overflow accommodations that will be provided at the Conference Center Little Theater and the Church Office Building Auditorium.
The Tabernacle doors will open at 10:30 a.m.
For those who can't attend the funeral in the Tabernacle, the services will be broadcast live on this site, as well as via LDS.org, KSL-TV, KSL.com, BYU-TV, BYU-TV Global, BYU-TV International, KBYU and on the LDS Church satellite system.
In lieu of flowers, the Monson family has requested that donations be made to the General Missionary Fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sister Monson died Friday in a Salt Lake City hospital surrounded by family. She had been hospitalized for several weeks and passed away peacefully of causes incident to age. She was 85 years old.
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith adds...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 28
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 12
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 11
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU... 5