Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Funeral services for Frances J. Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, will be held Thursday at noon in the church's Salt Lake Tabernacle.
Although there will be no public viewing, the public is invited to attend the funeral on Temple Square. Church officials indicate that tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at all four entrances to Temple Square. Once all tickets have been distributed, attendees will be directed to overflow accommodations that will be provided at the Conference Center Little Theater and the Church Office Building Auditorium.
The Tabernacle doors will open at 10:30 a.m.
For those who can't attend the funeral in the Tabernacle, the services will be broadcast live on this site, as well as via LDS.org, KSL-TV, KSL.com, BYU-TV, BYU-TV Global, BYU-TV International, KBYU and on the LDS Church satellite system.
In lieu of flowers, the Monson family has requested that donations be made to the General Missionary Fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sister Monson died Friday in a Salt Lake City hospital surrounded by family. She had been hospitalized for several weeks and passed away peacefully of causes incident to age. She was 85 years old.
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- What's new: 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide'...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Getting ready to study...
- Reader voices: Choosing my reflection
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 20
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 16
- This is what going to church does to you 11
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 9
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- How churches can attract younger people 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Why congregation size matters when it... 2