Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Funeral services for Frances J. Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, will be held Thursday at noon in the church's Salt Lake Tabernacle.
Although there will be no public viewing, the public is invited to attend the funeral on Temple Square. Church officials indicate that tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at all four entrances to Temple Square. Once all tickets have been distributed, attendees will be directed to overflow accommodations that will be provided at the Conference Center Little Theater and the Church Office Building Auditorium.
The Tabernacle doors will open at 10:30 a.m.
For those who can't attend the funeral in the Tabernacle, the services will be broadcast live on this site, as well as via LDS.org, KSL-TV, KSL.com, BYU-TV, BYU-TV Global, BYU-TV International, KBYU and on the LDS Church satellite system.
In lieu of flowers, the Monson family has requested that donations be made to the General Missionary Fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sister Monson died Friday in a Salt Lake City hospital surrounded by family. She had been hospitalized for several weeks and passed away peacefully of causes incident to age. She was 85 years old.
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 90
- LDS Church releases video about... 43
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 24
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 10
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all... 8
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 7