Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Funeral services for Frances J. Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, will be held Thursday at noon in the church's Salt Lake Tabernacle.
Although there will be no public viewing, the public is invited to attend the funeral on Temple Square. Church officials indicate that tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at all four entrances to Temple Square. Once all tickets have been distributed, attendees will be directed to overflow accommodations that will be provided at the Conference Center Little Theater and the Church Office Building Auditorium.
The Tabernacle doors will open at 10:30 a.m.
For those who can't attend the funeral in the Tabernacle, the services will be broadcast live on this site, as well as via LDS.org, KSL-TV, KSL.com, BYU-TV, BYU-TV Global, BYU-TV International, KBYU and on the LDS Church satellite system.
In lieu of flowers, the Monson family has requested that donations be made to the General Missionary Fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sister Monson died Friday in a Salt Lake City hospital surrounded by family. She had been hospitalized for several weeks and passed away peacefully of causes incident to age. She was 85 years old.
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral planned for Friday
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- 21 uplifting quotes from Elder L. Tom Perry
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces...
- LDS missionaries leave Burundi
- Elder L. Tom Perry: An extraordinary friend...
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 78
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 56
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to... 46
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 44
- Michelle Llewellyn: How can I defend... 40
- Is your financial house in order? 10... 29
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Why more young women are leaving church 21