Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Funeral services for Frances J. Monson, wife of LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson, will be held Thursday at noon in the church's Salt Lake Tabernacle.
Although there will be no public viewing, the public is invited to attend the funeral on Temple Square. Church officials indicate that tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at all four entrances to Temple Square. Once all tickets have been distributed, attendees will be directed to overflow accommodations that will be provided at the Conference Center Little Theater and the Church Office Building Auditorium.
The Tabernacle doors will open at 10:30 a.m.
For those who can't attend the funeral in the Tabernacle, the services will be broadcast live on this site, as well as via LDS.org, KSL-TV, KSL.com, BYU-TV, BYU-TV Global, BYU-TV International, KBYU and on the LDS Church satellite system.
In lieu of flowers, the Monson family has requested that donations be made to the General Missionary Fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sister Monson died Friday in a Salt Lake City hospital surrounded by family. She had been hospitalized for several weeks and passed away peacefully of causes incident to age. She was 85 years old.
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS World: Western author Wallace Stegner...
- BYU-Idaho students form brotherhood of...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 298
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- Religious groups react to Boy... 77
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 21
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 10