Three people in critical condition after Tooele car accident
TOOELE — Three people were in critical condition and two more injured in a crash in Tooele County early Sunday morning.
A Ford Explorer traveling east bound on I-80 drifted off the left side of the freeway around 6:30 a.m., near mile marker 88, according to Joe Dougherty, public information officer for the Utah Department of Public Safety. The SUV rolled several times after the driver over corrected to the right and then to the left. It landed right side up, facing north-east, Dougherty said.
No one in the car was wearing a seat belt.
Three of the five people in the car were ejected while it rolled and received serious injuries, Dougherty said. They were transported in critical condition by helicopter to local hospitals. I-80 was closed for about 45 minutes for the three medical helicopters that landed on the east side of the freeway.
The two occupants who were not ejected from the vehicle were taken to hospitals in Salt Lake with injuries, according to Dougherty. The Department of Public Safety has not determined whether or not their injuries were critical.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 73
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 47
- Police release names of officers... 35
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 32
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18