Three people in critical condition after Tooele car accident
TOOELE — Three people were in critical condition and two more injured in a crash in Tooele County early Sunday morning.
A Ford Explorer traveling east bound on I-80 drifted off the left side of the freeway around 6:30 a.m., near mile marker 88, according to Joe Dougherty, public information officer for the Utah Department of Public Safety. The SUV rolled several times after the driver over corrected to the right and then to the left. It landed right side up, facing north-east, Dougherty said.
No one in the car was wearing a seat belt.
Three of the five people in the car were ejected while it rolled and received serious injuries, Dougherty said. They were transported in critical condition by helicopter to local hospitals. I-80 was closed for about 45 minutes for the three medical helicopters that landed on the east side of the freeway.
The two occupants who were not ejected from the vehicle were taken to hospitals in Salt Lake with injuries, according to Dougherty. The Department of Public Safety has not determined whether or not their injuries were critical.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 76
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15