Three people in critical condition after Tooele car accident
TOOELE — Three people were in critical condition and two more injured in a crash in Tooele County early Sunday morning.
A Ford Explorer traveling east bound on I-80 drifted off the left side of the freeway around 6:30 a.m., near mile marker 88, according to Joe Dougherty, public information officer for the Utah Department of Public Safety. The SUV rolled several times after the driver over corrected to the right and then to the left. It landed right side up, facing north-east, Dougherty said.
No one in the car was wearing a seat belt.
Three of the five people in the car were ejected while it rolled and received serious injuries, Dougherty said. They were transported in critical condition by helicopter to local hospitals. I-80 was closed for about 45 minutes for the three medical helicopters that landed on the east side of the freeway.
The two occupants who were not ejected from the vehicle were taken to hospitals in Salt Lake with injuries, according to Dougherty. The Department of Public Safety has not determined whether or not their injuries were critical.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- Local cowboys: A new foursome for the...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 15
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 10
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River... 6
- D.A. declines to file charges against... 5