Three people in critical condition after Tooele car accident
TOOELE — Three people were in critical condition and two more injured in a crash in Tooele County early Sunday morning.
A Ford Explorer traveling east bound on I-80 drifted off the left side of the freeway around 6:30 a.m., near mile marker 88, according to Joe Dougherty, public information officer for the Utah Department of Public Safety. The SUV rolled several times after the driver over corrected to the right and then to the left. It landed right side up, facing north-east, Dougherty said.
No one in the car was wearing a seat belt.
Three of the five people in the car were ejected while it rolled and received serious injuries, Dougherty said. They were transported in critical condition by helicopter to local hospitals. I-80 was closed for about 45 minutes for the three medical helicopters that landed on the east side of the freeway.
The two occupants who were not ejected from the vehicle were taken to hospitals in Salt Lake with injuries, according to Dougherty. The Department of Public Safety has not determined whether or not their injuries were critical.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- See all the photos from the big Pioneer Day...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17