Three people in critical condition after Tooele car accident
TOOELE — Three people were in critical condition and two more injured in a crash in Tooele County early Sunday morning.
A Ford Explorer traveling east bound on I-80 drifted off the left side of the freeway around 6:30 a.m., near mile marker 88, according to Joe Dougherty, public information officer for the Utah Department of Public Safety. The SUV rolled several times after the driver over corrected to the right and then to the left. It landed right side up, facing north-east, Dougherty said.
No one in the car was wearing a seat belt.
Three of the five people in the car were ejected while it rolled and received serious injuries, Dougherty said. They were transported in critical condition by helicopter to local hospitals. I-80 was closed for about 45 minutes for the three medical helicopters that landed on the east side of the freeway.
The two occupants who were not ejected from the vehicle were taken to hospitals in Salt Lake with injuries, according to Dougherty. The Department of Public Safety has not determined whether or not their injuries were critical.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10