Six hospitalized in Saratoga Springs rollover accident Saturday night
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Six people were hospitalized after a three-car accident on SR-73 in Saratoga Springs Saturday night.
Saratoga Springs Police responded to a call around 9:30 p.m. of an accident near 1200 west and SR-73, about one and a half miles away from the Crossroads intersection.
A pickup truck heading westbound crossed over into the eastbound lane and hit a minivan carrying two passengers, Saratoga Springs public information officer Aaron Rosen said.
The minivan rolled and its driver was ejected from the vehicle. The driver and the passenger were taken to a local hospital with serious injuries, Saratoga Springs police said. Right after the truck hit the minivan it crashed into an SUV. A child from the SUV was taken by LifeFlight to Primary Children's Medical Center with serious injuries, according to Rosen.
The child was in a safety seat at the time of impact, according to police. The driver and passenger were taken to local hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
Police reported that the young adult man who drove the pickup was pinned inside the cab after the impacts. Saratoga Springs Fire Department rescuers freed him. He was taken by AirMed with critical injuries to a local hospital.
Alcohol and drugs appear to not be a factor in the accident, police say, but distracted driving may have been.
"I think now would be a good time to remind drivers that their main focus should be driving and paying attention," Rosen said.
"This should stand as a stark reminder."
SR-73 was closed for four hours after the accident while major accident investigation teams from Saratoga Springs, Utah Highway Patrol and other nearby agencies looked into the incident.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26