Six hospitalized in Saratoga Springs rollover accident Saturday night
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Six people were hospitalized after a three-car accident on SR-73 in Saratoga Springs Saturday night.
Saratoga Springs Police responded to a call around 9:30 p.m. of an accident near 1200 west and SR-73, about one and a half miles away from the Crossroads intersection.
A pickup truck heading westbound crossed over into the eastbound lane and hit a minivan carrying two passengers, Saratoga Springs public information officer Aaron Rosen said.
The minivan rolled and its driver was ejected from the vehicle. The driver and the passenger were taken to a local hospital with serious injuries, Saratoga Springs police said. Right after the truck hit the minivan it crashed into an SUV. A child from the SUV was taken by LifeFlight to Primary Children's Medical Center with serious injuries, according to Rosen.
The child was in a safety seat at the time of impact, according to police. The driver and passenger were taken to local hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
Police reported that the young adult man who drove the pickup was pinned inside the cab after the impacts. Saratoga Springs Fire Department rescuers freed him. He was taken by AirMed with critical injuries to a local hospital.
Alcohol and drugs appear to not be a factor in the accident, police say, but distracted driving may have been.
"I think now would be a good time to remind drivers that their main focus should be driving and paying attention," Rosen said.
"This should stand as a stark reminder."
SR-73 was closed for four hours after the accident while major accident investigation teams from Saratoga Springs, Utah Highway Patrol and other nearby agencies looked into the incident.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Attorneys want BYU track team testimony...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- Man accused in BYU gropings accepts diversion...
- 'I feel like I do deserve to be here,' Dea...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 125
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 35
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 25
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 24
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 20
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 19