Six hospitalized in Saratoga Springs rollover accident Saturday night
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Six people were hospitalized after a three-car accident on SR-73 in Saratoga Springs Saturday night.
Saratoga Springs Police responded to a call around 9:30 p.m. of an accident near 1200 west and SR-73, about one and a half miles away from the Crossroads intersection.
A pickup truck heading westbound crossed over into the eastbound lane and hit a minivan carrying two passengers, Saratoga Springs public information officer Aaron Rosen said.
The minivan rolled and its driver was ejected from the vehicle. The driver and the passenger were taken to a local hospital with serious injuries, Saratoga Springs police said. Right after the truck hit the minivan it crashed into an SUV. A child from the SUV was taken by LifeFlight to Primary Children's Medical Center with serious injuries, according to Rosen.
The child was in a safety seat at the time of impact, according to police. The driver and passenger were taken to local hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
Police reported that the young adult man who drove the pickup was pinned inside the cab after the impacts. Saratoga Springs Fire Department rescuers freed him. He was taken by AirMed with critical injuries to a local hospital.
Alcohol and drugs appear to not be a factor in the accident, police say, but distracted driving may have been.
"I think now would be a good time to remind drivers that their main focus should be driving and paying attention," Rosen said.
"This should stand as a stark reminder."
SR-73 was closed for four hours after the accident while major accident investigation teams from Saratoga Springs, Utah Highway Patrol and other nearby agencies looked into the incident.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Utah County teen made bomb threat, other...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 39
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 33
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 26
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22