EVANSTON, Wyo. — Evanston police and the Uinta County, Wyo., Sheriff's Office were involved in an officer-involved shooting on Saturday.
Evanston Police Lt. William Jeffers released very few details, confirming only that there was a shooting, that there was "no longer a threat to the community," and that the Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation would be releasing more details on Sunday.
Police would not confirm if a suspect was shot, a condition of the suspect or if anyone was taken into custody.
The Uinta County Herald reported that a chase and shootout occurred in front of a restaurant.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12