EVANSTON, Wyo. — Evanston police and the Uinta County, Wyo., Sheriff's Office were involved in an officer-involved shooting on Saturday.
Evanston Police Lt. William Jeffers released very few details, confirming only that there was a shooting, that there was "no longer a threat to the community," and that the Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation would be releasing more details on Sunday.
Police would not confirm if a suspect was shot, a condition of the suspect or if anyone was taken into custody.
The Uinta County Herald reported that a chase and shootout occurred in front of a restaurant.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 12