EVANSTON, Wyo. — Evanston police and the Uinta County, Wyo., Sheriff's Office were involved in an officer-involved shooting on Saturday.
Evanston Police Lt. William Jeffers released very few details, confirming only that there was a shooting, that there was "no longer a threat to the community," and that the Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation would be releasing more details on Sunday.
Police would not confirm if a suspect was shot, a condition of the suspect or if anyone was taken into custody.
The Uinta County Herald reported that a chase and shootout occurred in front of a restaurant.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26