VERNAL — A Montana man was killed in a motorcycle accident in The Switchbacks area near Vernal on Saturday.
David P. Hellrigel, 49, of Bozeman, was on state Route 191 just after noon, when he failed to make a turn and crashed into the guardrail, said Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty.
Hellrigle was thrown against the guardrail and killed, despite having a helmet on. His motorcycle continued for another quarter-mile before stopping, Dougherty said.
Speed did not appear to be a factor, he said. The investigation into accident was expected to continue.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14