VERNAL — A Montana man was killed in a motorcycle accident in The Switchbacks area near Vernal on Saturday.
David P. Hellrigel, 49, of Bozeman, was on state Route 191 just after noon, when he failed to make a turn and crashed into the guardrail, said Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty.
Hellrigle was thrown against the guardrail and killed, despite having a helmet on. His motorcycle continued for another quarter-mile before stopping, Dougherty said.
Speed did not appear to be a factor, he said. The investigation into accident was expected to continue.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- 8 injured in 3-car West Haven crash
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11