VERNAL — A Montana man was killed in a motorcycle accident in The Switchbacks area near Vernal on Saturday.
David P. Hellrigel, 49, of Bozeman, was on state Route 191 just after noon, when he failed to make a turn and crashed into the guardrail, said Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty.
Hellrigle was thrown against the guardrail and killed, despite having a helmet on. His motorcycle continued for another quarter-mile before stopping, Dougherty said.
Speed did not appear to be a factor, he said. The investigation into accident was expected to continue.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11