VERNAL — A Montana man was killed in a motorcycle accident in The Switchbacks area near Vernal on Saturday.
David P. Hellrigel, 49, of Bozeman, was on state Route 191 just after noon, when he failed to make a turn and crashed into the guardrail, said Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty.
Hellrigle was thrown against the guardrail and killed, despite having a helmet on. His motorcycle continued for another quarter-mile before stopping, Dougherty said.
Speed did not appear to be a factor, he said. The investigation into accident was expected to continue.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15