VERNAL — A Montana man was killed in a motorcycle accident in The Switchbacks area near Vernal on Saturday.
David P. Hellrigel, 49, of Bozeman, was on state Route 191 just after noon, when he failed to make a turn and crashed into the guardrail, said Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty.
Hellrigle was thrown against the guardrail and killed, despite having a helmet on. His motorcycle continued for another quarter-mile before stopping, Dougherty said.
Speed did not appear to be a factor, he said. The investigation into accident was expected to continue.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12