Holladay man charged with automobile homicide in death of Millcreek jogger
MILLCREEK — A Holladay man has been charged in the death of jogger who was hit by a van and killed earlier this year.
Ashton Lee Godfrey, 20, was charged Friday in 3rd District Court with automobile homicide and driving with measurable controlled substance in the body and causing death, both second-degree felonies.
Godfrey also was charged with three felony counts of possession of a controlled substance, one felony count of possession of a firearm by a restricted person, three misdemeanor counts of possession of a deadly weapon by a restricted person, and one misdemeanor count of possession of drug paraphernalia.
Godfrey told police he was driving the van that struck and killed Larry Madison, 64, while the man was jogging on 1100 East near 3850 South just before 7 a.m. March 7, according to court documents.
Surveillance video showed Godfrey driving southbound on 1100 East when he drifted across northbound lanes and struck Madison, who was walking on the shoulder of the road, according to the charges.
Investigators discovered Godfrey's blood was positive for amphetamine and methamphetamine, charges state. They found pipes, methamphetamine, psilocybin mushrooms, marijuana, alcohol, a loaded firearm, three knives and drug distribution items in the van.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26