Arrest made in Vernal Relay For Life donation theft
Vernal Police Department
VERNAL — An arrest has been made after a man reportedly walked away with donations for the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.
John Stuart Branham, 37, was arrested Friday after police say he grabbed a large jug containing about $500 donated to Relay For Life and walked out the front door of Walgreens, 1316 U.S. 40.
Branham reportedly entered the store just before 8:45 a.m. May 11, didn't make any purchases and took the donations from near an unattended cash register.
Police earlier this week released surveillance images from the theft and asked the public for tips about the theft.
Branham was booked into Uintah County Jail for investigation of burglary, theft and failure to register as a sex offender.
— McKenzie Romero
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 70
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 56
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 40
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 19
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11