Arrest made in Vernal Relay For Life donation theft
Vernal Police Department
VERNAL — An arrest has been made after a man reportedly walked away with donations for the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.
John Stuart Branham, 37, was arrested Friday after police say he grabbed a large jug containing about $500 donated to Relay For Life and walked out the front door of Walgreens, 1316 U.S. 40.
Branham reportedly entered the store just before 8:45 a.m. May 11, didn't make any purchases and took the donations from near an unattended cash register.
Police earlier this week released surveillance images from the theft and asked the public for tips about the theft.
Branham was booked into Uintah County Jail for investigation of burglary, theft and failure to register as a sex offender.
— McKenzie Romero
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Video: Utah man uses 'random acts of pasta'...
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law requiring body...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 36
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 21
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for... 21