Arrest made in Vernal Relay For Life donation theft
Vernal Police Department
VERNAL — An arrest has been made after a man reportedly walked away with donations for the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.
John Stuart Branham, 37, was arrested Friday after police say he grabbed a large jug containing about $500 donated to Relay For Life and walked out the front door of Walgreens, 1316 U.S. 40.
Branham reportedly entered the store just before 8:45 a.m. May 11, didn't make any purchases and took the donations from near an unattended cash register.
Police earlier this week released surveillance images from the theft and asked the public for tips about the theft.
Branham was booked into Uintah County Jail for investigation of burglary, theft and failure to register as a sex offender.
— McKenzie Romero
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17