Arrest made in Vernal Relay For Life donation theft
Vernal Police Department
VERNAL — An arrest has been made after a man reportedly walked away with donations for the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.
John Stuart Branham, 37, was arrested Friday after police say he grabbed a large jug containing about $500 donated to Relay For Life and walked out the front door of Walgreens, 1316 U.S. 40.
Branham reportedly entered the store just before 8:45 a.m. May 11, didn't make any purchases and took the donations from near an unattended cash register.
Police earlier this week released surveillance images from the theft and asked the public for tips about the theft.
Branham was booked into Uintah County Jail for investigation of burglary, theft and failure to register as a sex offender.
— McKenzie Romero
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Undercover operation seizes $600,000 in...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 161
- Romney decision not to run again... 47
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 21