Arrest made in Vernal Relay For Life donation theft
Vernal Police Department
VERNAL — An arrest has been made after a man reportedly walked away with donations for the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.
John Stuart Branham, 37, was arrested Friday after police say he grabbed a large jug containing about $500 donated to Relay For Life and walked out the front door of Walgreens, 1316 U.S. 40.
Branham reportedly entered the store just before 8:45 a.m. May 11, didn't make any purchases and took the donations from near an unattended cash register.
Police earlier this week released surveillance images from the theft and asked the public for tips about the theft.
Branham was booked into Uintah County Jail for investigation of burglary, theft and failure to register as a sex offender.
— McKenzie Romero
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 35
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17