“It’s good to see that there are other people who are probably my age who are on this site and follow along and believe in the same values as I do,” Bowman said. “In the ‘world’ it doesn’t feel like that’s the case.”
Because of the values found on the blog, Bowman has made plans to start his own men’s lifestyle blog. His focus will be similar: promoting good values without the trash.
The future for the Art of Manliness is promising. For now, the McKays plan on creating more quality content. And while they don’t claim to be experts, they do claim to have done their homework.
“We make our posts as research intensive as possible. We give good advice, but make sure it’s backed up,” said Kate McKay.
And since the blog, which is at www.artofmanliness.com, was started in 2008, that homework has lead to two successful books and a Spanish version of the site.
Emmilie Buchanan is an intern for the Deseret News with Mormon Times. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho. Email: email@example.com
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,...
- Can the return of 'Cosmos' extend the scope...
- Church History Symposium examines Mormonism's...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 89
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 63
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 15
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from... 13