“It’s good to see that there are other people who are probably my age who are on this site and follow along and believe in the same values as I do,” Bowman said. “In the ‘world’ it doesn’t feel like that’s the case.”
Because of the values found on the blog, Bowman has made plans to start his own men’s lifestyle blog. His focus will be similar: promoting good values without the trash.
The future for the Art of Manliness is promising. For now, the McKays plan on creating more quality content. And while they don’t claim to be experts, they do claim to have done their homework.
“We make our posts as research intensive as possible. We give good advice, but make sure it’s backed up,” said Kate McKay.
And since the blog, which is at www.artofmanliness.com, was started in 2008, that homework has lead to two successful books and a Spanish version of the site.
Emmilie Buchanan is an intern for the Deseret News with Mormon Times. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho. Email: email@example.com
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Space and religion: How believers view latest...
- Tabernacle hosts annual LDS Latino Christmas...
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 24
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 22
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 20
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 16
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 12