FARMINGTON — The Davis School District recently honored its top 10 employees during the annual CARE Awards dinner.
CARE winners are picked by a committee from hundreds of nominations received from school employees, parents and students. District officials said each honoree has demonstrated achievement and excellence in their field, achieved superior results through innovation or creativity, and contributed to improving and sustaining quality education.
The winners for 2013 are: Carrie Abner, sixth-grade teacher at Endeavour Elementary; David Allart, school technology special projects manager; Becky DeGroot, before- and after-school coordinator at Whitesides Elementary; Jon Hyatt, district social studies specialist; Suzann Jones, head secretary at Heritage Elementary; Pat Laraway, math teacher at Layton High; Jill Major, resource teacher at Taylor Elementary; Darci Mock, instructional coach at Adams Elementary; Allison Riddle, fifth-grade teacher at Foxboro Elementary and the district's Teacher of the Year; and Doug Saltzgiver, math teacher at Woods Cross High.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19