FARMINGTON — The Davis School District recently honored its top 10 employees during the annual CARE Awards dinner.
CARE winners are picked by a committee from hundreds of nominations received from school employees, parents and students. District officials said each honoree has demonstrated achievement and excellence in their field, achieved superior results through innovation or creativity, and contributed to improving and sustaining quality education.
The winners for 2013 are: Carrie Abner, sixth-grade teacher at Endeavour Elementary; David Allart, school technology special projects manager; Becky DeGroot, before- and after-school coordinator at Whitesides Elementary; Jon Hyatt, district social studies specialist; Suzann Jones, head secretary at Heritage Elementary; Pat Laraway, math teacher at Layton High; Jill Major, resource teacher at Taylor Elementary; Darci Mock, instructional coach at Adams Elementary; Allison Riddle, fifth-grade teacher at Foxboro Elementary and the district's Teacher of the Year; and Doug Saltzgiver, math teacher at Woods Cross High.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt Lake...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 28
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26