FARMINGTON — The Davis School District recently honored its top 10 employees during the annual CARE Awards dinner.
CARE winners are picked by a committee from hundreds of nominations received from school employees, parents and students. District officials said each honoree has demonstrated achievement and excellence in their field, achieved superior results through innovation or creativity, and contributed to improving and sustaining quality education.
The winners for 2013 are: Carrie Abner, sixth-grade teacher at Endeavour Elementary; David Allart, school technology special projects manager; Becky DeGroot, before- and after-school coordinator at Whitesides Elementary; Jon Hyatt, district social studies specialist; Suzann Jones, head secretary at Heritage Elementary; Pat Laraway, math teacher at Layton High; Jill Major, resource teacher at Taylor Elementary; Darci Mock, instructional coach at Adams Elementary; Allison Riddle, fifth-grade teacher at Foxboro Elementary and the district's Teacher of the Year; and Doug Saltzgiver, math teacher at Woods Cross High.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12