According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 10 million Americans spend an hour each way commuting to work. And, 80 percent drive to work alone. With the average price for gas rounding out at roughly $3.56 per gallon, more commuters than ever are exploring other options.
So in the spirit of National Bike to Work Day, here are 10 suggestions to save money on your commute.
- Should cash be part of your emergency fund?
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for students
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays...
- Top 10 insurance myths that people think are...
- How to take the scare out of the cost of...
- Should you install your own kitchen cabinets?
- 6 ways to jump-start your savings account
- 9 things we routinely overpay for
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays... 9
- Americans still prefer male bosses 8
- Landlords may be charging pet fees just... 7
- 9 things we routinely overpay for 6
- Employers and job seekers might as well... 5
- Pay raises are more rare despite strong... 4
- Facebook is now helping its female... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4