Zade Rosenthal, AP
Information for parents about the film "Star Trek Into Darkness."
Violence/gore: Action films lend themselves to violence, and this one is no exception. There are many hand-to-hand fights as well as shootouts with phasers and larger weapons. Spaceships fire upon one another. There is an ambush that results in many deaths, plus a terrorist-type explosion of a secret military installation. Spears and arrows are used in one scene, but nobody is ever hit by them. Though it is not seen on screen, one character does crush another person’s head with his hands. Many characters are in danger of dying throughout. Some people appear to be sucked out of a ship into space. Some of the action is intense. An arm is seen severed on the ground after a fight. A major character dies on screen after saving the ship. There is no blood except for cuts on faces after fighting.
Nudity: Captain Kirk is in bed with two women, but they are in their underwear. Another woman is changing her clothes when Kirk turns around to see her in underwear.
Language: A few instances of profanity occur but not many.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- 10 books that you were forced to read in...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Is 'Harry Potter' actually about mental... 2
- EA Sports puts Damian Lillard on the... 2
- Miley Cyrus about VMA success: 'I'm in... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1