ROOT SPORTS named official regional television partner of the Mountain West Conference
DENVER, Colo. — DIRECTV Sports Networks and the Mountain West Conference have entered into a multi-year agreement, making DIRECTV Sports and its ROOT SPORTS-branded regional sports network, the regional TV home of Mountain West football and men's basketball.
ROOT SPORTS Rocky Mountain will annually produce and televise approximately 10 football games featuring Mountain West teams, and a minimum of 25 MW intra-conference and non-conference men's basketball games, beginning with the 2013-2014 season. All events will be produced and distributed in high definition.
"We are pleased to partner with the Mountain West Conference to bring these games to fans throughout the region," said Patrick Crumb, president of DIRECTV Sports Networks. "The Mountain West offers competitive, compelling matchups, and we look forward to providing a platform to showcase the conference and its teams."
David Woodman, general manager of ROOT SPORTS Rocky Mountain, said his team is also pleased with this partnership.
"Our entire ROOT SPORTS Rocky Mountain team is excited to be the regional home of the Mountain West Conference," he said. "With many member institutions located within our network's footprint, these games will be a great addition to our collegiate sports programming for years to come."
Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson expressed how this partnership is good now and for the league's future.
"This unique partnership will provide enhanced coverage and promotion for the entire MW membership," Thompson said. "ROOT SPORTS Rocky Mountain is an important component in an innovative, multi-platform exposure plan for the future of the league."
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 60
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14