LEHI — Utah Valley University's 26th annual UVU Auto Expo and Swap Meet will be held from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Thanksgiving Point.
More than 700 vehicles will be on display, with entries of every type from custom classics to vintage models to hot rods. Entries are eligible to win more than 110 individual expo awards.
This year’s auto expo special guest is Shirley Muldowney, the so-called “First Lady of Drag Racing.” Born in Burlington, Vt., Muldowney took drag racing to new levels for female drivers, winning titles domestically and internationally in the 1970s and 1980s that included an unprecedented three World Fuel Championship titles.
All proceeds from the expo are donated to scholarships in automotive training for UVU's Department of Automotive Technology. Twelve students have received such scholarships in the past four years.
The event also features a car social and preshow from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday at Barber Brothers Motor Co., 1341 N. Main, Spanish Fork. It will be followed at 7 p.m. by a barbecue at the UVU automotive compound near the Sparks Automotive Building on the school's Orem campus. Cost to attend the barbecue is $5.
Public admission to the expo is $5 per person. Children 5 and younger are free. For more information, contact Kim Chiu at 801-863-8563 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18