LEHI — Utah Valley University's 26th annual UVU Auto Expo and Swap Meet will be held from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Thanksgiving Point.
More than 700 vehicles will be on display, with entries of every type from custom classics to vintage models to hot rods. Entries are eligible to win more than 110 individual expo awards.
This year’s auto expo special guest is Shirley Muldowney, the so-called “First Lady of Drag Racing.” Born in Burlington, Vt., Muldowney took drag racing to new levels for female drivers, winning titles domestically and internationally in the 1970s and 1980s that included an unprecedented three World Fuel Championship titles.
All proceeds from the expo are donated to scholarships in automotive training for UVU's Department of Automotive Technology. Twelve students have received such scholarships in the past four years.
The event also features a car social and preshow from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday at Barber Brothers Motor Co., 1341 N. Main, Spanish Fork. It will be followed at 7 p.m. by a barbecue at the UVU automotive compound near the Sparks Automotive Building on the school's Orem campus. Cost to attend the barbecue is $5.
Public admission to the expo is $5 per person. Children 5 and younger are free. For more information, contact Kim Chiu at 801-863-8563 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 114
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 28
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20