LEHI — Utah Valley University's 26th annual UVU Auto Expo and Swap Meet will be held from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Thanksgiving Point.
More than 700 vehicles will be on display, with entries of every type from custom classics to vintage models to hot rods. Entries are eligible to win more than 110 individual expo awards.
This year’s auto expo special guest is Shirley Muldowney, the so-called “First Lady of Drag Racing.” Born in Burlington, Vt., Muldowney took drag racing to new levels for female drivers, winning titles domestically and internationally in the 1970s and 1980s that included an unprecedented three World Fuel Championship titles.
All proceeds from the expo are donated to scholarships in automotive training for UVU's Department of Automotive Technology. Twelve students have received such scholarships in the past four years.
The event also features a car social and preshow from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday at Barber Brothers Motor Co., 1341 N. Main, Spanish Fork. It will be followed at 7 p.m. by a barbecue at the UVU automotive compound near the Sparks Automotive Building on the school's Orem campus. Cost to attend the barbecue is $5.
Public admission to the expo is $5 per person. Children 5 and younger are free. For more information, contact Kim Chiu at 801-863-8563 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Man rams truck into police station, assaults...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12